Common causes and treatment of constipation
Constipation occurs when you face difficulty with bowel movements. Under constipation, your bowel movements are tough and happen less frequently. It is not a serious medical condition, but can make you feel uncomfortable during the course of the day.
Why you need to address the problem
Apart from the discomfort associated with constipation, there are other problems that you’ll face. If you’re unable to pass stool for more than two days or you’re passing only a small amount of stool, it’s a matter of concern.
Your stomach will always feel heavy and bloated. You might also see blood when you try too hard to pass stool. Your entire digestive system will get affected and you won’t feel like eating too.
There are many causes of constipation. Knowing the causes makes the treatment easy. Some common causes of constipation are:
1. If you change your diet suddenly. If you suddenly start eating less or eating irregularly, constipation will set in. Make sure the fiber content in your diet is high. This ensures a smooth bowel movement.
2. If you change your daily activity schedule. Suppose, your body is used to a lot of physical work and you suddenly put an end to it. The reverse is also true. In other words, a sudden change in your normal activities and work schedule will upset your metabolism.
3. A person having irritable bowel syndrome is likely to suffer from constipation. It’s a condition associated with frequent and unexpected changes in bowel movements.
4. High consumption of dairy products, laxatives, or pain-killers, influences your metabolism in many.
5. Medical conditions such as stress, thyroid, pregnancy, or neurological disorders are the other causes of constipation.
Treatment for constipation
Bloating or swelling of stomach and an urge to throw up are common symptoms associated with severe constipation. A more obvious sign is the inability to pass stool for over two days. You can follow the given steps to reduce these symptoms:
– Drink lot of water during the day
– Drink a glass of warm water or green tea in the morning
– Eat fruits and vegetables as they are rich in fiber like spinach, broccoli, lentils, peas, etc.
– You can take laxatives but avoid taking more than once a week
If nothing of this helps and when you experience severe stomach pain, call a doctor. The problem will aggravate if you exert pressure to pass stool. You will notice blood and feel dry pain in the anus. It is important to avail treatment at the earliest to avoid any serious health problems later.
Special deals on patio furniture at big lots
Patio furniture is the furniture used outdoors, that is, in the gardens or lawns. They are usually manufactured using weather-resistant materials and are commonly used in households all over the world. You would be glad to know that big lots patio furniture is available at attractive prices, thus making it affordable for you. You can […]Read More
4 best-rated laptops in the market
If you are planning to shop for new laptop, you must keep in mind some considerations to get the right pick of laptop to get the most use of it. Some laptops have sharp display, powerful processor, compact design and innovative features. The battery life, design, specifications and performance are some of the prime features […]Read More
Fat burners: The new weight-loss supplements
Weight loss is such a sought-after topic that reducing excess body fat has become an everyday norm of our daily lives. And if it’s about weight loss, it has to be about following the right diet, a balanced lifestyle, a workout, and a must supply of a supplement, otherwise termed as fat burners. This is […]Read More