Here’s How to Identify Common Insect Bites
Insect bites are a common phenomenon and cause mild to severe symptoms, depending on the type of insect. Typically, symptoms due to insect bites vanish in a few days with normal medication, but in a few cases, the condition may become serious. Thus, identifying insect bites and an immediate treatment is recommended. However, identifying insect bites can be tricky and may require the advice of an expert. However, here is how to identify some common insect bites.
- Tick bites: Ticks are vectors for transmission of several diseases such as Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever. A characteristic ‘bulls-eye rash’ generally develops at the place of bite, which may comprise single or multiple rings.
- Mosquito bites: Mosquitoes are perhaps the most common insects around us. Moreover, they are also the carrier of several diseases such as Zika, chikungunya, malaria, and dengue. Initially, the bite is white with a red dot at the center, which turns red after some time. An urge to itch the mosquito bite is common.
- Flea bites: Flea bites are painful and irritating. Another concern is that they can even transfer tapeworms. Identifying insect bites caused by fleas is easy as they lead to red bumps on the skin with an itching sensation.
- Brown recluse spider bites: These bites form a blister and the affected individual feels itchy and experiences pain. In severe cases, it may lead to necrosis, where the tissue appears dark and the affected tissue must be removed. If you suspect a brown recluse spider bite, seek medical help urgently.
- Bed bug bites: These bites are characterized by several continuous bites that generally appear like a line on the skin which is in direct contact with the bed, such as legs or arms. They may naturally go away after some time. However, in cases of intense itching, doctors generally prescribe hydrocortisone creams, which help in relieving inflammation and the associated pain.
- Chiggers bite: These bites resemble pimples and have a red bump at the center. These red bumps are itchy and the bites are generally harmless.
- Fire ant bites: Identifying insect bites caused by fire ant can be done by looking for red spots on the skin which develops pus. They appear like pus-filled pimples.
Insect bites are commonly visible signs of skin irritation and underlying inflammation. You must take necessary precautions, such as use insect repellents, cover your legs and exposed skin completely, avoid going to susceptible areas during dusk or night time to avoid these bites.
Assurance wireless program: Basics and how to qualify
Assurance wireless program is governed by Virgin Mobile and supported by the Federal Universal Fund. Rules To avail the assurance wireless benefits, one should qualify for their rules. One of their prime rules is that the applicant who applies should be part of public assistance programs or individually managing the household income. Also, one family […]Read More
5 natural ways to keep your nails healthy
5 natural ways to keep your nails healthy If you ignore your nails, you may end up having an issue or two. The first thing that you might want to do is to start taking care of your nails and use kitchen-based ingredients that might solve the nail problem. Poor diet, lack of hygiene, etc. […]Read More
Non Hodgkin Lymphoma treatment – Symptoms, causes and more explained
There are many kinds of diseases that people battle with on a daily basis, and cancer is one such life-threatening disease which can create a host of complications in one’s life. There are many different kinds of cancer that can affect various organs and parts of the body. Non Hodgkin Lymphoma cancer is a kind […]Read More